Application Nystieal (fury warrior)

[Public] Apply to SeventhFlight membership, to join our raids. Applications expire in 30 days unless you post replies showing continued interest

Moderator: Recruitment Officer

Forum rules
Applications are "open letters" between SeventhFlight and the applicant. Other applicants and/or guests shouldn't dilute those topics. We prefer to ask references through in-game mail. Abuse of the posting privilege by posting in other people's application topics is a serious issue.

Application threads should be kept on-topic while the application is relevant. This is another very serious issue, and applies to members as well. Side-tracking an application topic which is still relevant is not acceptable, and people are instead urged to post in General Discussion.

Threads in this forum are removed after 30 days with no replies.

Application Nystieal (fury warrior)

Postby Nystieal » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:56 pm

About me
Give us some information about yourself. Who you are, what you do. Common topics include:
Hello my name is Nystieal, I am 27 years old and I’m from the Netherlands. I am pretty much a full time roleplayer but I want to branch out to my old love, raiding. I’ve been raiding on a hunter from vanilla to TBC, during Wrath I was the MT for our guild and when Cata hit I was the off tank for a while. Sadly the guild I was in died a slow death and we never got really past the first initial few raids. I then took a break through most of Mists of Pandaria and only got in when the last patch (with Siege of Orgrimar) hit. Since I didn’t feel the need to join a guild I only did those raids in LFR.

The thing that keeps me playing WoW at the moment is roleplaying with my friends, one of which is in your guild (Remirra), but as I stated above I want to return to my roots and hopefully join in raids.

Gameplay
Still, we need to know you can raid with us, since we ARE a raid community.

My times available are somewhat random. I work in a store which closes at 18:00 server time. We then have to clean up and do various store like activities. I usually am home at 18:40 to 18:50 and have to make dinner. In the best case scenario I am available just before raid time (which Remirra has told me is at 20:00) at worst case, I have to work overtime and I am not home till 21:30 which I will inform Remirra about and he can let you know, I will try to get this information to him asap, but it can happen I will not know I have to do the evening shift until the day of the Friday raid. This is the reason why I want to apply as a Social Raider, since my times can be random I do not wish to hamper progress of the guild.

Credentials
What's special about you? What have you done so far on Argent Dawn?
Do you know any of our members?
What kind of gameplay experience do you have?
If you have raided before, with which groups? When did you leave them? Why?
Do you have any max level alts?
Are you able to understand orders and tactics being explained on Mumble in English?
Will Tayas' constant eating while he talks on Mumble cause you personal distress?

What have I done on Argent Dawn? Not much other than RP, I have been on various servers in various guilds over the course of the 10 years I have been playing WoW. The last real raiding guild I was in was called Northrenders on the Neptulon server.
In terms of knowing members I know Remirra, he’s one of my closest friends I have made during my time in WoW and he has helped me with some heavy hitting shit in the past year or so that I’ve known him.
My gameplay experience in WoW has been all over the place, I’ve done pvp quite heavily during Vanilla (my original raiding hunter has the Knight Captain title), I’ve raided and I RP. I’ve basically dipped in all the content and found raiding to be the most rewarding.

Most of the guilds I’ve been in have collapsed due to one reason or another, mostly mismanagement or loot related issues. When I join a guild I try to stick with them for as long as possible, the only real time I left a guild was on Argent Dawn and it was the Knights of the Rose guild. People in that guild have been harassing my character to the point where I couldn’t decently roleplay my character and I felt it best that I left that guild. Improvements were promised from the guild leaders but they never came about, so whilst I was out of the guild and the officers were debating how to get the guild back in shape, it slowly bled out to a quiet silent death.

I don’t have that many max level alts, since I tend to focus on one character I roleplay rather than having two or three characters. You see, my gameplay on AD thus far has been soley focused on RP’ing Nystieal and not as much to levelling alts.
In terms of English, I speak it better than I do dutch, all of my friends are speaking English and most of them live in the UK anyway, so English is not a problem for me.
And the last point, I mean ..Taya’s gotta eat, right?

Character
Armory
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... l/advanced
This is my “gaming gear” as I’ve classified it. I also have a sword and a shield but I have no tanking gear. I don’t really like tanking dungeons without people I know, so whilst I did all the dungeons and all the heroics, I always have done them in my current spec. I can tank however, I just not prefer not to, if it is needed I will change spec to tank.

Put your name in the URL where stated.
If you've made unusual gear choices, or have some great gear you're not wearing, please tell us about it.
How raid friendly do you consider your build? Would you be willing to respec and if so, are there any limits?

If you have a raid-viable dual talent spec, please include that as well.

Misc
Why SeventhFlight?
Mostly because I want to get back into raiding and I want to spend more time playing WoW with my buddy Remirra and I’ve heard good things about your community.

(Optional) What's 42? The answer to the universe and life and everything.
Nystieal

Class: Hunter

Re: Application Nystieal (fury warrior)

Postby Neithan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Welcome and thank you for your application, our recruiting officer will get in touch with you asap.

In the meantime I think we should change the 42 question on the form, I think a good replacement could be:

-What color are the unicorns?
-Where are they dancing?
-Please use one word to describe the texture of their magical fur.

Oh, and feel free to poke for a guild invite.
Haven't changed main for all of WoW club
Neithan
MoFo

Class: Paladin

Postby Nystieal » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:10 pm

Thank you,

They are pink
On rainbows
Smile.

And I have poked Remirra for an invite, I'm part of the guild now ^_^
Nystieal

Postby Jevar » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Hello and thank you for your application!

I'm afraid we aren't a guild fit for your needs for this reason: Iluin fails looting 80% of the time.

If that doesn't hamper your time with us, I'm more than happy to offer you a trial run on this Friday, 26th. If that's fine for you, be online before raid time if possible (yes, noting your work schedule). :) If you cannot make it on Friday, Sunday will be the next available option.
The scary recruitment officer and P-I-N-T-A.
Jevar

Class: Priest

Postby Neithan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:15 pm

Nystieal wrote:Thank you,

They are pink
On rainbows
Smile.

You won an internet.

Also, target for the trial is Hellfire Citadel heroic.
Haven't changed main for all of WoW club
Neithan
MoFo

Class: Paladin

Postby Nystieal » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:38 pm

I will try to make it on Friday, Am I correct in thinking that you guys are skipping normal Hellfire to begin with then? Or am I on trial -until- you do Hellfire heroic? :)
Nystieal

Postby Jevar » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:52 pm

I suppose we'll start with heroic. If it seems impossibly scaled, we'll drop to normal.
Jevar

Postby Sinespe » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Jevar wrote:I suppose we'll start with heroic. If it seems impossibly scaled, we'll drop to normal.

I am afraid this will be the case. Today I met a guy named Jhevon, told me to say "hi" to you.
Sinespe

Postby Nystieal » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:52 pm

I'm afraid I can't make it Friday, Sunday however is all clear from the looks of things. I apologise but work is not letting me go early it seems.
Nystieal

Postby Jevar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Sunday 19:40 it is then.
Jevar

Postby Nystieal » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Alrighty, hope I don't dissapoint ^_^
Nystieal

Return to Applications