Celandor (Windwalker/Mistweaver Monk)

[Public] Apply to SeventhFlight membership, to join our raids. Applications expire in 30 days unless you post replies showing continued interest

Moderator: Recruitment Officer

Forum rules
Applications are "open letters" between SeventhFlight and the applicant. Other applicants and/or guests shouldn't dilute those topics. We prefer to ask references through in-game mail. Abuse of the posting privilege by posting in other people's application topics is a serious issue.

Application threads should be kept on-topic while the application is relevant. This is another very serious issue, and applies to members as well. Side-tracking an application topic which is still relevant is not acceptable, and people are instead urged to post in General Discussion.

Threads in this forum are removed after 30 days with no replies.

Celandor (Windwalker/Mistweaver Monk)

Postby Celandor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Celandor Greenpaw (Windwalker/Mistweaver Monk)

About me:
Greetings. My name is Celandor, but I go by the names of Vigan, Cel, or 'Hey you' depending on the occasion. I'm 30 years old (I know, I'm old) and I live in the Netherlands, though I'm originally british. At the moment, I tend to spend most of my time in game roleplaying, usually on my worgen hunter, but as far as PvE goes, my monk is my main. I did use to be a raider back towards the middle of Cataclysm, when I had a disagreement with my Raid Leader because of how he was verbally abusing other members of the raid and not in a friendly manner. At the moment, the only reason I keep playing is because I have friends that play and 6.2 renewed my interest for a while, so I'm hoping that the raiding will give me more incentive.

Gameplay:
When it comes to days and times, I am rather flexible, especially on the days listed. Fridays, Sundays and Tuesdays are perfectly fine for me, as are the times for raiding. If there are going to be any problems, I can usually give several days notice.

Credentials:
Why am I special? Well, there's only one of me and that makes me special, right? As for what I've done on Argent Dawn as a server, it's only been RP, that was the reason I came to this server in the first place. On my old server of Azjol Nerub, I used to raid quite a bit back in TBC (Mostly Horde and as a Tanking Warrior) and WotLK (Mostly alliance as a DPS Rogue, Tanking Death Knight, Healing Shaman and sometimes a Mage, I tended to help fill whatever role was needed at the time.)
I only know two members of your guild, Remirra, the Hunter and a recent recruit of yours; Nystieal, the Warrior. It was mostly them that convinced me to apply, something about being solid in dungeons and lfr and that I should try some fun raiding.
The reason I left the raiding on Horde was because I moved servers to play with other people I knew, none of which play anymore. The reason I left raiding on Alliance is a little more complicated. After hearing my raid leader throw a ton of abuse at another raid member, when they did nothing wrong at all, I left the group on strike and protested to the RL, who then kicked me from the guild with no other words, so I left it at that and moved on.
I have a max level Rogue and Hunter and might have a Warrior fairly soon, if I decide to finish that off.
And while my own english might not be as good as it should be, seeing as how I AM english, I can understand it perfectly, unless the person talking is actually mumbling, in which case, I'd ask them to speak clearly ^_^
And surely Taya should try and eat before the raid? I'm not sure mashing buttons while holding cutlery isn't really effective. Well, unless you use the handles to mash keys I guess?

Character:
Armory
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... r/advanced
There is one choice I'm still playing with in this set, and that's using an Ilvl 670 chest in place of my tier chest. The set bonus of extra energy regen is really nice, even if it doesn't proc often and isn't as static. Should I be accepted to start raiding, I will, of course, look more into the optimisation. Also there's some pieces that don't have enchants or gems, again, this is because I see no point doing this without actually raiding and I will be more than happy to enchant/gem my gear when the time comes. Also, I can upgrade my cloaks, as I'm tailor.
I think my builds, both Windwalker and Mistweaver, are raid friendly and group friendly, but I have no issue changing a couple of things around as needed. Example being my Tier 7 Windwalker talent. I have chosen Chi Explosion for groups and AoE dps options, but I can switch to Serenty for bosses without any problems. The only limit I have, is that I have no tanking gear whatsoever, so asking me to go to Brewmaster will be rather silly, unless you want to see a grown man tanking naked.
Another note, my healing gear isn't as good as my dps gear, but is still more than capable to heal LFR without any problems are all and consistantly topping the healing meters. I am willing to improve the gear and gem/enchant is as needed also.

Misc
Why SeventhFlight? Because I have two friends who I play with a lot in the guild, because raiding might be the key to keeping me playing and because the Fifth and Sixth Flights didn't work out. You know what they say, Seventh time's the charm.
And since I heard about Nystieal's application, there's only one more thing to say...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-xWhG4UU_Y
Everyone needs some of this in their lives (Please don't dismiss my application before see it >.<)
Celandor

Class: Druid

Re: Celandor (Windwalker/Mistweaver Monk)

Postby Neithan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:52 pm

Welcome and thanks for your application. Aunt Jev, our recruitment officeress will get in touch with you.
Haven't changed main for all of WoW club
Neithan
MoFo

Class: Paladin

Postby Jevar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Neithan wrote:Aunt Jev, our recruitment officeress

I approve.

Hello, and thanks for your application!

I loved to see a monk applying, as our one and only monk recently stopped playing. So, shall we see you on the raid this Friday (26th) at 20 server time? Actually, that's a lie, the invites start at 19:40. Be online around then for your trial (and poke Iluin for invite). If you haven't gotten around to it yet, feel free to poke for a guild invite aswell.

I need to check what time I put out for the warrior... I think I might have mixed up the times.
The scary recruitment officer and P-I-N-T-A.
Jevar

Class: Priest

Postby Celandor » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:06 am

Apologies for the delay, I think I missed the question there, for some reason.
I can, indeed, make this Friday, being tonight and don't foresee any problems with being on time. This being the case, I will also make sure all my gear is tweaked and that I have plenty of flasks and pots on my person.

Also, I have to wonder.. why there's so few monks.. I mean, let's face it, we're the best class in the game :D
Celandor

Postby Neithan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Celandor wrote:Also, I have to wonder.. why there's so few monks.. I mean, let's face it, we're the best class in the game :D

Where is the *DECLINED* stamp again?

But actually: we had a mistweaver for quite a while, he stopped at the end of 6.1 being burnt out by the game.
Haven't changed main for all of WoW club
Neithan
MoFo

Class: Paladin

Postby Celandor » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Mistweaving? Bah, Fistweaving is much more fun ^^
That said, my offspec is Mistweaver, so if needed, I can switch roles mid raid and since the secondary stats are the same priority, most of my gear transfers really well.
Also have my flasks ready, so good to go if you want me tonight
Celandor

Postby Jevar » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:50 pm

Neithan wrote:
Celandor wrote:Also, I have to wonder.. why there's so few monks.. I mean, let's face it, we're the best class in the game :D

Where is the *DECLINED* stamp again?

I agree. Priests are obviously the superior class with The Yank.

Idd, prepare to have your OS ready to go aswell, if we are low on healers there's a good chance you'll be asked to step up in the future when the healers are slacking. :)
The scary recruitment officer and P-I-N-T-A.
Jevar

Class: Priest

Return to Applications