Myffanwy (Disc)

[Public] Apply to SeventhFlight membership, to join our raids. Applications expire in 30 days unless you post replies showing continued interest

Moderator: Recruitment Officer

Forum rules
Applications are "open letters" between SeventhFlight and the applicant. Other applicants and/or guests shouldn't dilute those topics. We prefer to ask references through in-game mail. Abuse of the posting privilege by posting in other people's application topics is a serious issue.

Application threads should be kept on-topic while the application is relevant. This is another very serious issue, and applies to members as well. Side-tracking an application topic which is still relevant is not acceptable, and people are instead urged to post in General Discussion.

Threads in this forum are removed after 30 days with no replies.

Myffanwy (Disc)

Postby Myffanwy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:26 am

About me
Hello, I live in London. I was born in Hammersmith and then at the age of 4 a tramp ate the family cat and then aged 5 I moved to Swansea (the two events supposedly unconnected). I lived there until I went to uni without gaining any type of lovely Welsh accent and over the years found myself in London.

I've played Warcraft since Wrath, but until recently played on a US server. Myffanwy is my first EU toon, but I've always played disc priest. I love raiding more than anything; it's why I play the game now. Raiding, and the music in Grizzly Hills :tongue2:

Gameplay
Although sometimes I am required to work late in my job, I'm looking to raid 2-3 times a week and progress through new content with a good team. Like I say, raiding is the reason I play the game now, so I give it the effort and time it deserves. Friday, Sunday and Tuesday are good for me.

Credentials
On Staghelm US I have been a member of some awesome guilds throughout Mists, even though I often had to get up at 3am to join the raid because of the time difference. As all my other (now inactive) characters are on US servers poor old Myffanwy only has a lamo transmog, 8 mounts and a huge gap in her achievements after lvl60 when I boosted her :)

I was in a lovely guild called Betrayal Of Promises until recently; the only reason I left was because I got a bit bored of every raid starting over an hour after the designated time. I'm in no way militant about raid night but I just felt I was wasting too much time every week waiting to start.

I've been pugging Hellfire Citadel which has actually been quite fun but I miss the team talk over mumble and the level of syncronisation and precision that comes with being in a proper raid group. And actually, I miss wiping! A pug group disbands after 2 wipes or so usually, and I miss the feeling of making propgression by overcoming problems as a team.

People can eat on mumble, that's fine. Once, (once) I continued to talk on mumble whilst I went for a poo because no break had been called. No one ever knew.

Character
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Myffanwy/simple
As you can see I've gone full out mastery build, which I think is pretty standard. I have shadow offspec but that's only for soloing really; I don't know how to play effective dps at all.

Misc
Why SeventhFlight? You seem like a nice bunch, and I get the feeling I could fit in with the minimum of fuss and get some raiding done.

(Optional) What's 42? :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjEdxO91RWQ
Myffanwy

Class: Priest

Re: Myffanwy (Disc)

Postby Iluin » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:48 am

Welcome Myffanwy!

Thanks alot for your application.

I miss ... the level of syncronisation and precision that comes with being in a proper raid group

I miss that too sometimes :D

Kidding aside, from what I can see everything looks in order. Raid times are fine you said and you are decently geared. Plus we love accents.
I do hope you don't mind that your name over mumble will definitly be shortened to Myff ;)

I will let our recruitment officer have a look as well and assign you a possible trial date.

In the meantime we can offer you a guild invite if you want.

Regards, Iluin
Seventh Flight - Home of the unhappy and depressed - but warm and naked - Raiders! Tis a home away from home.
Iluin
Senate

Class: Shaman

Postby Neithan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:49 am

Hello and welcome.

I'm sorry to inform you that with Iluin accent, Myff will probably be pronounced mÿff.... apologies in advance.

Also we were just discussing a few raids ago how a disc priest (ours quit last tier) would be nice to have back in the group, so good timing \m/
Haven't changed main for all of WoW club
Neithan
MoFo

Class: Paladin

Postby Jevar » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Hello!

Since Iluin has been doing my job again and accepted you without a fuss, all I can offer now is the trial date. Will Friday 10th work for you? :) If yes, raid invites start 19:40. Unfortunately I won't be there though, so I'll leave Errik instructions to receive a new priest to the ranks. I sure hope he's joining that night!

And what comes to naming, I'm sure we are missing a Muffin!
The scary recruitment officer and P-I-N-T-A.
Jevar

Postby Jevar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:03 am

Seeing as this fellow has joined Immortalis, this thread is now closed. ^^
The scary recruitment officer and P-I-N-T-A.
Jevar

Return to Applications