Holy/Ret Paladin

[Public] Apply to SeventhFlight membership, to join our raids. Applications expire in 30 days unless you post replies showing continued interest

Moderator: Recruitment Officer

Forum rules
Applications are "open letters" between SeventhFlight and the applicant. Other applicants and/or guests shouldn't dilute those topics. We prefer to ask references through in-game mail. Abuse of the posting privilege by posting in other people's application topics is a serious issue.

Application threads should be kept on-topic while the application is relevant. This is another very serious issue, and applies to members as well. Side-tracking an application topic which is still relevant is not acceptable, and people are instead urged to post in General Discussion.

Threads in this forum are removed after 30 days with no replies.

Holy/Ret Paladin

Postby Xservious » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:19 pm

Myself:
My name is Jamie and im twenty three years of age, I live in a popular city in England called Bristol (south west).
I have lived here all my life and intend to do so in the future.
I work in Bristol University as a Catering assistant, covering from serving students and washing plates to cleaning the kitchen and taking out rubbish.
My play style, well i've done it all, Hardcore raiding and pvp to Role play and back again! I try to keep a wide variety of different things to do, sometimes all at once.
I have been playing World of warcraft for almost ten years without having any major breaks, (a month max possibly). It has been overall the best game i've played and kept me
the longest in my gaming history. It has good points and bad points compared to other mmo's such as Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars the old republic, but overall been the best
out of the three. A few examples would be, the specifications being to a lower standard to play (not that my pc is unable to run anything below ultra). Also the role and play style
selection such as a healer or tank, even a dps or both! Furthermore it has kept going for many years without having to restart from scratch, e.g going from Guild Wars 1, then starting
over again on Guild Wars 2.

Raiding:
My attendance is a bit of a problem as I work some evening shifts 18:45 to 21:30 (game time), this is due to my job's contract of where the job is split shifts. However I am term time only, meaning
when the students aren't at university work is limited. There is work throughout the holidays but there are many people like myself who do split shifts and are roated down in the evening
(I usually get the following week half way through the curret week). This isn't really something I can avoid as work is work at the end of the day. Typical week is monday to friday evenings and doing
weekend as over time should I want to, this 99% of the time isn't on an evening.This is where being a raider is a big obstacle, but nothing that can be worked around. I also have decided to become
a lot more active, these years of gaming have not been kind to me in the way of health. However this shouldn't cause attendance issuses as I work out at home at the moment during the day.
My pervious raiding experience is in high supply! I have done near enough every raid and difficulty since The Burning Crusade, most recent being some normal and Heroic bosses in Black Rock Furnace.
It was a month or so before Warlords hit that I started my split shift job so raiding was very little.

What I can offer Seventh Flight:
I have many years of experience under my belt playing World of Warcraft including Progressive raiding, arenas, Role play and much more!
Over the years I have met and played soo many people throughout my experience (even a real life wedding which consisted of my GM's getting married to each other).
I have also a wide knowledge of many classes and specs, raiding wise i've played elemental shaman, ret and holy paladin, (what is now guardian druid), destruction warlock and many more!
I have five different classes at level 100, Paladin, Warlock, Shaman, Death Knight and Warrior. Unfortunately there are on the horde side as I recently faction changed my Paladin.
The reason for this is, I felt a bit left out as I had to stop raiding and being behind on gear and raid knowledge, the guild isn't a position where they can take me through their clear runs.
I have been in the guild for almost two years and met lovely people in the guild, but it's just not the same as it was before as people have came and went during my absence. Last but not least
I have also done recordings in pervious raids and want to continue to do so, ill leave a link of a recording I done last expansion.

Meeting halfway:
I have used Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Mumble and even Skype to communicate in raids so using mumble is no problem. Furthermore I am able to understand and following instructions and advice throughout
raids and outside of raids. I can also communicate and speak very good english in presonse to an instruction or question. I like to think I am a very kind and helpful person, who can not only give critical
advice but also recieve criticism without taking offense or "nerd raging". I respect all players and their views in the game as well as outside the game, even if I disagree. Im not a player who wants the next
upgrade or mount as it's just a game and I have more rewarding things I aim towards. After reading your "SK" loot system works, it is something i've never heard of but can see how it works (mostly).

Character profile:

Armory link - https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/optimize ... /xservious (I maybe in ret or holy, should you request the other let me know!)

Recording link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PuLqbMTL6Y

My gear is alittle outdated due to my inactivity (recently came back to wow), I do have some better item level gear, but I would lose my 2 set if I replaced it. However my skills and knowledge are still held high.
I can play both ret and holy so switching specs isn't a problem. As for an alt, well my paladin is the only character I have to offer, unless I transfer any other of my characters, (Warlock and Death Knight being a bit
behind my paladin). I have chosen to stack crit where I can as I am aiming to go with big quick heals (this being my personal choice... This being based on holy shock critting (as much as possible), allowing
infusion of light to proc, reducing the cast time on holy light and holy radiance, or increasing the healing of my next flash of light. This can work with raid and single target healing, so that concludes how my
quick heals work, with crit making them bigger (when they do). That's why I try to avoid massive amounts of haste. Multistrike would be next inline to add even more healing followed by mastery and versatility
being last. As I said this is personal choice, it may work it may not it's an experiment!

Additional Information:
Unfortunately I don't know anybody on the server that could recommend me or recommend you to me as I recently transfered as I said.
I hope my application wasn't too long and boring, hopefully some parts might be inspiring!

Many Thanks

Jamie
Xservious

Class: Paladin

Re: Holy/Ret Paladin

Postby Iluin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:51 am

Welcome to our forum and thanks a lot for that lovely application!

There is good news and bad news.

To get right to the point with the bad news. We have a 25man roster at the moment and 5 of them are paladins, 2 of them are Holy.
As much as I would like to offer you a spot on your Paladin I'm afraid at the current point I can not do so.

The good news is that gear is not an issue should you be willing to main your warlock instead. We are definitly in need of ranged DPS especially clothies.

If you love your Paladin and want to keep playing him then I wish you the best of luck finding a Raiding Guild which shouldn't be too hard. Everyone loves healers.

If you are ok with switching to your Warlock then you are more than welcome to join our guild and I'll set up a trial whenever you feel comfortable with it.

Regards,
Iluin
Seventh Flight - Home of the unhappy and depressed - but warm and naked - Raiders! Tis a home away from home.
Iluin
Senate

Class: Shaman

Postby Xservious » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:38 am

You got yourself a deal! I'll bring him over as soon as possible!
Xservious

Postby Iluin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:48 am

Hmmm. Just in case I misread or something.

Our raid times are Friday 20.00-24.00, Sunday 20.00-23.00 and Tuesday 20.00-23.00

Are you working every Tuesday and Friday until 21.30?

I work some evening shifts 18:45 to 21:30 (game time) .... Typical week is monday to friday evenings

If it's only some days it's fine. If you can't join Friday Tuesday at all then that's an issue.

Because if that is the case I might have been too hasty. We do expect our members to be able to make 2 out of 3 raids on average.

If you can only join Sundays mostly the best we can offer is a position as Social Raider. Meaning no obligations and being able to join farm raids and sometimes progress raids assuming your gear is on par.
Seventh Flight - Home of the unhappy and depressed - but warm and naked - Raiders! Tis a home away from home.
Iluin
Senate

Postby Xservious » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:58 am

At this time it's out of term, meaning any hours I do are optional. Also I can simply ask for these days and times to work and not work at the moment. In term however (which isn't until september) my contract is set over 5 days which fall on the evenings for the hours offered. That being said I am 5 over 7 meaning I can swap a shift where I would be raiding to a more suited time, like a weekend or a morning shift.

Furthermore, on the 30th of july im going away for a week (Isle of Mann)
Xservious

Postby Iluin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:03 am

Thanks for the clarification!

Since I assume you WANT to be raiding as much as possible there should be no issue then ;)
Iluin
Senate

Postby Xservious » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:07 am

Fel'yea!!! ;)
Xservious

Postby Sinespe » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:56 am

Taxisana LTD
Sinespe