The D&D thread

[Public] Well, we are on a role playing realm. Plan RP, talk about it, or do it here.

Moderator: Raidleads

Romn

The D&D thread

Post by Romn » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:31 pm

Inspired by recent chat, here we have our own topic about the role playing game that is in some part responsible for us being here. :)

I gather quite a few people play. I've played a few games, mostly over IRC channels or forums; I don't know many people nearby who play. I only have the 3 core rulebooks due to never having played too often, but if I find some more people to play with, over the net or in my local area, I plan on buying a couple of extra books and expanding on a campaign setting I've been thinking about for a while.

Would anyone be interested in playing a few games over some medium or another? Maybe we could get a regular thing going. :D
We know a place where no cars go.

Jiarha
Class: Shaman

Post by Jiarha » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:37 pm

I would like to try this. Do you have room for a bardic character.... :D
I got the body of an eighteen year old. I keep it in the fridge.

Romn

Post by Romn » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:51 am

Welcome aboard.

I think my own campaign ideas will be put on hold, in consideration of gaining more expirience DMing, especially considering I've not done a live game before. I think playing it in WoW would be the best idea, perhaps taking a night when non-compulsory raids happen.

Anyhow, we'll need 3 or 4 more people to be willing to endure a new DM, unless someone else wants to. :)

Gaupe
Malbear
Class: Druid

Post by Gaupe » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:28 am

Memememe!
When I play doctor, I play to win.

Mama Bear

Jemaius
Multi-use
Class: Paladin

Post by Jemaius » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:35 am

I'm in as long as it includes elves, rangers and dice. Preferably charisma checks of hilarious proportions. This obviously precludes WoW from my choice of D&D exploration.
JemaiusAnoenAncalimon

Since 2005. Yikes! Let's start a "Haven't changed main for all of WoW" club!

Einherjar

Post by Einherjar » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:07 am

If time permits it I would like to join aswell. It's been a loooong time since I sat with pen and paper and played AD&D, Mutant, Drakar & Demoner and all the others :D
[img]http://siggen.xembler.org.nyud.net:8080/eu/pve/Argent Dawn/Einherjar/sig3stats1dcb1.jpg[/img]

Romn

Post by Romn » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:31 pm

I count that as 4 people. Great. :)

Give me a week to get my shit together and meanwhile we can agree on a time, day and place to play. :D

Meanwhile, roll up a character, bearing in mind I have access to no extra books at the moment besides the core 3, and it's the 3.5 ruleset.

Jemaius
Multi-use

Post by Jemaius » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:15 pm

Before I roll a character, I'd like to know the following details:

Setting (world/plane/part thereof -- probably most important)
Racial alignments (if abnormal)
Racial restrictions (if any; perhaps you wouldn't want race X in the mix for campaign reason)
Campaign alignment (i.e. any special alignments not allowed)
Grouping requirement (ie "only one group" or not)
Magic restrictions (if any)
Linguistic restrictions (above and beyond those available)

As well as other relevancies that might affect characters' background. For example whether we are going to work on a story/campaign/adventure to begin with, or if it's a world drop-in and see where it goes.

(Yes, I've done this too much. STFU and let me create my character's family tree for the last few generations)
JemaiusAnoenAncalimon

Romn

Post by Romn » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:06 pm

Jemaius wrote: Before I roll a character, I'd like to know the following details:

1. Setting (world/plane/part thereof -- probably most important)
2. Racial alignments (if abnormal)
3. Racial restrictions (if any; perhaps you wouldn't want race X in the mix for campaign reason)
4. Campaign alignment (i.e. any special alignments not allowed)
5. Grouping requirement (ie "only one group" or not)
6. Magic restrictions (if any)
7. Linguistic restrictions (above and beyond those available)

Here my inexpirience and lack of resources shows. I don't have any detailed info about any of the campaign settings, and my own is far from ready. Considering I don't have a fair amount of stuff, I may delay all this a couple of weeks to finish a part of my own setting. In which case I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability, providing more details over time.

1. A nation named Aurelias, ruled by 4 immortal heroes. I'll post a copy of the history of the nation. Info will be built up as we go.
2. The usual.
3. No half-orcs, otherwise the standard races in the player's handbook.
4. Citizens of Aurelias have been brought up in a culture fostered over thousands of years by the previously mentioned hero-rulers. Nobody raised in civilisation is evil.
5. Just one group of players.
6. Travel by mortals to other planes isn't possible. You can summon beings from other planes, but not head to them yourself.
7. Undercommon is not a knowable language at this point, nor is Abyssal.

Jemaius
Multi-use

Post by Jemaius » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:23 pm

Okay, since it's a non-standard setting (non-standard meaning I haven't heard of it :P ), the history is probably a good thing. I'd like to know possible locations of where a character could've come from/grown up/done... some things... and so on... Shallow characters are no fun.

And don't sweat it. Everyone has to start somewhere :)
JemaiusAnoenAncalimon

Romn

Post by Romn » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:55 pm

I throw myself in at the deepend every time. And I love it. :)

I'll start the lore-spinning by giving information about the wide universe of Triobin, of which Aurelias is a part of.

Triobin - The spherical realm

History
The mortal inhabitants of Triobin are largely unaware of each otherÂ’s existence, let alone how it was created or operates. Many forms of life were created to inhabit this place, but one in particular were made granted a purpose, to ensure the integrity of the realm would be maintained, and that there would always be those with knowledge of itÂ’s operation.

The True Dragons, the Gemmed Flight, were the first beings to exist in Triobin. Dragons made of highly magical crystals, fashioned to serve various purposes within the spherical realm, and to act as itÂ’s guardians. They alone hold the answers to the question many advanced peoples would ask, and there is no price high enough to barter for the knowledge of these gemmed gods.

Structure
Triobin, as a whole, is structured much like an atom. It is divided into 4 distinct portions, the Core, the Isles, the Fringe, and the Chains. Together they exist as the Sphere, a self-sufficient creation thousands of miles in diameter.

The Core is the heart of Triobin, a place from which the very physical laws of the realm originate. Without the Core, the realm would cease to exist.

The Isles make up the mass of the realm. They are around three dozen large landmasses, the majority of them being around 80,000 square miles in area. They orbit the Core at different speeds, and from different positions and distances from the Core and each other. Their orbits are fixed, and create a unique cosmology from which the inhabitants of the Isles draw their calendars.

The position of each isle has largely affected its environment. Those Isles positioned further away from the Core receive more heat from the energies of the Fringe, and tend to be arid deserts. Those Isles closer to the Core are colder and darker places. At the extremes, a few Isles do not support humanoid life, and some no life at all.

The Fringe acts as both to border to this self-contained realm, and itÂ’s source of light and heat. During 12 hours of the 24 hour day energy courses across the Fringe, creating light and heat, like any star would. However, the energy is not in any fixed location, and thus there is no point of light to look towards, and subsequently, nearly no shadows. The effect, in comparison to our own sky, is dazzling, though no inhabitant of the Isles would consider it so; they grew up with light like this. During the night hours the energy calms down, though never quite stopping.

The Chains are the supporting structures of Triobin, and due to their tendency to absorb light and heat, and very rarely seen. Were they viewable, one would see 8 titanic chains of metal, miles long and mile thick, originating from the Core and ending in large hubs that form a complete shell of metal around the Isles and the Core, encompassing Triobin completely. From the outside it would seem to be a metal sphere larger than our own planet. From the chain-hubs originates the energy which lights the Isles; this energy originates from the Core and travels through the Chains.

Physics of the Isles
All space inside the Sphere has breathable air, though each Isle attracts more oxygen to it, meaning in the depths of space between Isles oxygen is usually scarce. The same goes for water, most moisture is recycled as it flows either into the ground of off the edge of an Isle, being vaporised and being channelled to the opposite side of the Isle to eventually become cloud. Gravitational pull is always toward the Core, and as such the Isles orbit with their bases closest towards it.

This gives you a basic idea of the fantastical nature of the world I'm creating. If you don't exactly understand the structure, imagine our own Solar system, with the Sun as the core, and each planet as flat. This is a world you can fall off of. :D

Also, bear in mind this information is just you; nobody in Aurelias is aware of the cosmology of Triobin, besides what floats above their heads.

Jiarha

Post by Jiarha » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:29 pm

Character: Lysaer

Level: Whatever we start as.

Class: Bard

Player: Karatheon

Race: Human

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (With some good tendencies)

BAB: +0 (Unmodified)
Fort: +0 (Unmodified)
Ref: +2 (Unmodified)
Will: +2 (unmodified)

Special Abilities: Bardic Music, Bardic knowledge, +4 skill points at level 1, +1 skill points every level thereafter, +1 feat upon level 1

Feats: Skill Focus (Perform Singing), Dodge

Spells per day: Level 0 - 2

Spells known: Level 0 - Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Mending, Flare

Skill Points: 6+int*4 skill points at level 1 and 6+int every level thereafter.

Personality: Lysaer is a coward. He always were, and most likely always will be. Since childhood he has been a proper scardycat, and always ran at first opportunities, no matter if it was from other children his age, his angry mother or girls that flirted with him. Luckily he is a rather friendly person and easy to get to know, but he runs at early opportunities if he feels threatened. Be it fictional in his mind or real threats. It doesn't matter if this percieved threat is physical, psykological or marrige arrangements, Lysaer WILL run. He might suffer bouts of loyalty to people whom he has connected with, and this often results in conflicting emotions, but so far he has always been running if he percieves the danger as too high. His one aspiring dream is to make it to a Court Bard, so he can be lazy and slack off the rest of his days at court. (Fat chance.... RPG courts eat you alive if you are not careful... He will regret this dream... if it ever gets realized.. hehehe)

Background: After first running away from his mother and father, he started out looking after himself and tried to make a living on the streets. He couldn't afford an instrument, and he wasn't as nimble as he'd wished he was, so instead he turned to his voice. Needless to say, he wasn't entirely successful in his early days, but after a while he got accustomed to it, and his voice grew with him. Today he can earn enough money on the streets to get by. He also picked up other skills needed to survive on the streets, such as proper diplomacy and how to bluff people. Ufortunately Lysaer is not as good at cathcing others in lying as he is at lying himself.......

Well, that about summons up a character I'd like to try out, if it is possible. The more practical questions I have now is about the random elements, mainly stats.... Have you decided on a way to roll the stats? If you want to make it random you should decide how to make the rolls, or if you want to make it more predictable you can assign us points to spend so we can build the character with the stats we want. Also, as Jem said, history is always fun to flesh out the character properly. At the moment I am picturing Aurelias as a more healthy version of Sigil witou the random portals to other worlds and with more splendor.... Merge Sigil and SW and you might catch on to what I am thinking.
(Those who don't know what Sigil is should play Planescape: Torment, great game)

Damn Rommy, you got me all fired up here..... I got other crazy ideas I might have to try as well..... (You get those ideas when you've been GM ing as long as I have, Gaupe owes me a player status in 7 campaigns now..... hehe, so during the 7 years we've been playing together Gaupe, when did you plan on making YOUR campaign, so I could join?)

Jiarha

Post by Jiarha » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:33 pm

Damn Romn, Nice setting, I am getting some sort of Matrix gone fantasy feel here... Eagerly awaiting next bit. :D

Romn

Post by Romn » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:42 pm

Forgot the points spending. Roll 4D6, discard the lowest, get 6 scores, and assign them where you will. I don't like giving a point pool to spend.

Jiarha

Post by Jiarha » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:33 pm

Will do mate. I think I need to make Gaupe watch when I roll.... I either roll unnaturally crap or unnaturally high....... :D :D :D

Orpheous

Post by Orpheous » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:46 pm

I would like to join in..but im not familiar with D&D rules, only stuff that i picked up from Baulders Gate games...so very little actual experience

Romn

Post by Romn » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:00 am

Well, either you'd have to get hold of a Player's Handbook, or find a copy of the rules somewhere, from friends, online, maybe some of the guys here know a place to get them.

If you could find some way of getting to know the rules, I'd be glad to have you on the team.

Jemaius
Multi-use

Post by Jemaius » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:21 am

Edit x2: WARNING:
This post contains HTML. You'll see it as a series of dark things at the end of the post. Turn on Allow HTML from your profile to see it.

Edit: Before anyone asks, yes, a friend described me as "For all I [he] know, you could be sleeping with a PHb under your pillow".

For your perusal. Suffice to say I have the sadistic backstory to back it up, but if you object to any of the vitals now and/or see the need for change, I'd prefer it before I actually wordify the backstory. For it I'd also like to know the most common occurrences of dwarves around, and a slight of geography if you have. Just a major (elven) town, the place to find dwarves, a large forest (duh), and where he's supposed to end up at the start of all this.

(And, yes, the stats are rolled, and I'll ensure the appropriate scars find their way into the backstory)

Level 1 now, will level plain Ranger until level 6 barring any RP character changes, then not 100% sure. I've not put in any levels awaiting the starting limits ofc. La di da and all that shout quick if you see any problems.

(As a purely aesthetic choice, I *might* be moving chain shirt down to studded leather; the chain part interferes with the silent part, and I'm not really sure where he'd get a hold of that kind of thing)

<font face="Arial"><center><b><font size="+2">Aelric E'lin</font size></b></center><p>Male Elf Ranger 1<br>Neutral Good<p><p><table width=100%><tr width=100%><td width=50%><table><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Strength</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">10</td><td><font face="Arial">(+0)</td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Dexterity</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">18</td><td><font face="Arial">(+4)</td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Constitution</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">8</td><td><font face="Arial">(-1)</td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Intelligence</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">16</td><td><font face="Arial">(+3)</td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Wisdom</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">12</td><td><font face="Arial">(+1)</td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Charisma</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">7</td><td><font face="Arial">(-2)</td></tr></table></td><td width=50%><table><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Size:</td> <td><font face="Arial">Medium</td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Height:</td> <td><font face="Arial">5' 2"</td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Weight:</td> <td><font face="Arial">105 lb</td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Skin:</td> <td><font face="Arial">Light</td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Eyes:</td> <td><font face="Arial">Sapphire</td></tr><tr> <td valign="top"><font face="Arial">Hair:</td> <td><font face="Arial">Blond; Straight; Beardless</td></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table><p><p>Total Hit Points: 7<p>Speed: 30 feet<p>Armor Class: 18 = 10 +4 [chain shirt] +4 [dexterity] <ul>Touch AC: 14<br>Flat-footed: 14</ul><p><table><tr><td><font face="Arial">Initiative modifier:</td><td><font face="Arial">+4</td><td><font face="Arial"> = +4 [dexterity] </td></tr><tr><td><font face="Arial">Fortitude save:</td><td><font face="Arial">+1</td><td><font face="Arial"> = 2 [base] -1 [constitution] </td></tr><tr><td><font face="Arial">Reflex save:</td><td><font face="Arial">+6</td><td><font face="Arial"> = 2 [base] +4 [dexterity] </td></tr><tr><td><font face="Arial">Will save:</td><td><font face="Arial">+1</td><td><font face="Arial"> = 0 [base] +1 [wisdom] </td></tr><tr><td><font face="Arial">Attack (handheld):</td><td><font face="Arial">+1</td><td><font face="Arial"> = 1 [base] </td></tr><tr><td><font face="Arial">Weapon Finesse:</td><td><font face="Arial">+5</td><td><font face="Arial"> = 1 [base] +4 [dexterity] </td></tr><tr><td><font face="Arial">Attack (unarmed):</td><td><font face="Arial">+1</td><td><font face="Arial"> = 1 [base] </td></tr><tr><td><font face="Arial">Attack (missile):</td><td><font face="Arial">+5</td><td><font face="Arial"> = 1 [base] +4 [dexterity] </td></tr><tr><td><font face="Arial">Grapple check:</td><td><font face="Arial">+1</td><td><font face="Arial"> = 1 [base] </td></tr></table><p><table><tr><td><font face="Arial">Light load:<br>Medium load:<br>Heavy load:<br>Lift over head:<br>Lift off ground:<br>Push or drag:<br></td><td><font face="Arial">33 lb. or less<br>34-66 lb.<br>67-100 lb.<br>100 lb.<br>200 lb.<br>500 lb.<br></td></tr></table><p><p><table><tr><td valign="top"><font face="Arial">Languages:</td><td><font face="Arial">Common Draconic Elven Goblin Sylvan </td></tr></table><p>Short Sword [1d6, crit 19-20/x2, 1 lb, light, piercing]<p>Rapier [1d6, crit 18-20/x2, 2 lb., one-handed, piercing]<p>Longbow [1d8, crit x3, range inc. 100 ft, 3 lb, piercing]<p>Chain shirt [light; +4 AC; max dex +4; check penalty -2; 25 lb.] <p><p>Feats:<ul><table><tr><td><font face="Arial">Track</td><td><font face="Arial">[free to rangers]</td></tr><tr><td><font face="Arial">Weapon Finesse</td><td></td></tr></table></ul><p>Traits:<ul><p></ul><p><table><tr> <td><font face="Arial"><center><i>Skill Name</i></center></td> <td><font face="Arial"><center><i>Key<br>Ability</td> <td><font face="Arial"><center><i>Skill<br>Modifier</td><td><font face="Arial"><center><i>Ability<br>Modifier</td> <td><font face="Arial"><center><i>Ranks</td> <td><font face="Arial"><center><i>Misc.<br>Modifier</td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Appraise</td> <td><font face="Arial">Int</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">3 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+3</td> <td></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Balance</td> <td><font face="Arial">Dex*</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">7 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+4</td> <td><font face="Arial">+3</td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Bluff</td> <td><font face="Arial">Cha</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">-2 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>-2</td> <td></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Climb</td> <td><font face="Arial">Str*</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">2 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+0</td> <td><font face="Arial">+2</td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Concentration</td> <td><font face="Arial">Con</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">-1 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>-1</td><td></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Diplomacy</td> <td><font face="Arial">Cha</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">-2 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>-2</td> <td></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Disguise</td> <td><font face="Arial">Cha</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">-2 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>-2</td> <td></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Escape Artist</td> <td><font face="Arial">Dex*</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">4 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+4</td> <td></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Forgery</td> <td><font face="Arial">Int</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">3 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+3</td> <td></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Gather Information</td> <td><font face="Arial">Cha</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">-2 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>-2</td><td></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Heal</td> <td><font face="Arial">Wis</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">3 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+1</td> <td><font face="Arial">+2</td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Hide</td> <td><font face="Arial">Dex*</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">8 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+4</td> <td><font face="Arial">+4</td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Intimidate</td> <td><font face="Arial">Cha</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">-2 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>-2</td> <td></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Jump</td> <td><font face="Arial">Str*</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">2 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+0</td> <td><font face="Arial">+2</td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial"> Knowledge (geography)</td> <td><font face="Arial">Int</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">5 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+3</td> <td><font face="Arial">+2</td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial"> Knowledge (nature)</td> <td><font face="Arial">Int</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">7 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+3</td> <td><font face="Arial">+4</td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Listen</td> <td><font face="Arial">Wis</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">7 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+1</td> <td><font face="Arial">+4</td> <td><font face="Arial"> +2 [elf] </td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Move Silently</td> <td><font face="Arial">Dex*</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">8 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+4</td> <td><font face="Arial">+4</td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Ride</td> <td><font face="Arial">Dex</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">6 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+4</td> <td><font face="Arial">+2</td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Search</td> <td><font face="Arial">Int</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">5 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+3</td> <td></td> <td><font face="Arial"> +2 [elf] </td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Sense Motive</td> <td><font face="Arial">Wis</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">2 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+1</td> <td><font face="Arial">+1</td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Spot</td> <td><font face="Arial">Wis</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">6 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+1</td> <td><font face="Arial">+3</td> <td><font face="Arial"> +2 [elf] </td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Survival</td> <td><font face="Arial">Wis</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">1 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+1</td> <td></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Swim</td> <td><font face="Arial">Str**</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">0 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+0</td> <td></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Use Rope</td> <td><font face="Arial">Dex</td> <td align="right"><font face="Arial">6 = </td> <td><font face="Arial"><center>+4</td> <td><font face="Arial">+2</td> <td></td></tr></table><p>* = check penalty for wearing armor<p><p>Elf:<p><ul><li>+2 dexterity / -2 constitution (already included)</li><br><li>Immune to magical sleep</li><br><li>+2 racial bonus to saves vs. enchantments</li><br><li>Low-light vision</li><br><li>Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow && shortbow</li><br><li>+2 racial bonus on listen, search, and spot checks</li><br><li>Notice secret doors</li><br></ul>Ranger:<p><ul><li>Favored enemies</li><br><li>Track as bonus feat (already included)</li><br><li>Combat Style</li><br><li>Endurance</li><br><li>Wild empathy (roll level + charisma bonus)</li><br><li>Endurance (level 3)</li><br><li>Animal Companion (level 4)</li><br><li>Woodland Stride (level 7)</li><br><li>Swift Tracker (level 8)</li><br><li>Evasion (level 9)</li><br><li>Camouflage (level 13)</li><br><li>Hide in Plain Sight (level 17)</li><br><li>High wisdom gains bonus spells daily</li><br></ul><p>Favored Enemies:<p><ul><li>Humanoids (dwarf) +2</li><br></ul>This ranger chose the archery track.<br><p><table><tr> <td><font face="Arial"><tr> <td><font face="Arial"></td> <td><font face="Arial"><i>Class</i></td> <td><font face="Arial"><i>HP rolled</i></td> <td></td></tr><tr> <td><font face="Arial">Level 1:</td> <td><font face="Arial">Ranger</td> <td align="center"><font face="Arial">8</td> <td></td></tr></table><p><p><table width=100%><tr width=100%><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td></tr></table>Aelric E'lin's Equipment:<p><ul><p><table><tr><td align="right"><font face="Arial">31 lb<br>15 lb<br>2 lb<br>5 lb<br><br><br>4 lb<br><br>1 lb<br>5 lb<br>_____<br>63 lb</td><td><font face="Arial">Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)<br>Arrows (quiver of 20) x5<br>Backpack<br>Bedroll<br>Bottle<br>Fishhook<br>Rations (1 day) x4<br>Signet ring<br>Torches x1<br>Climber's kit<br><br>Total<br></td></tr></table><p><p></ul><p><ul></ul>
Last edited by Jemaius on Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JemaiusAnoenAncalimon

Jiarha

Post by Jiarha » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:58 am

*wall of text crits you for infinite many dice damage. You die*

Gaupe
Malbear
Class: Druid

Post by Gaupe » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:11 am

Hahahahaha

Nice one.
When I play doctor, I play to win.

Mama Bear

Arandell
Class: Rogue

Post by Arandell » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:30 am

Well, if you dont have moral problems of getting books trough torrents thats one way to... Think I might have coupel... or more like 20 books of D&D 3rd edition books on some DvD and I could send them with some program or if Jem allowes core books uploaded to somewhere... In case I find the books of course.

And another note, been long year without much good old pen&paper RPing, so might be interested to join as well.

Jemaius
Multi-use

Post by Jemaius » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:11 pm

Karatheon wrote: *wall of text crits you for infinite many dice damage. You die*

Haven't you seen a standard character sheet before? I didn't even include the full skill-set. AND it's formatted with italics and stuff.
Last edited by Jemaius on Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JemaiusAnoenAncalimon

Arandell
Class: Rogue

Post by Arandell » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:51 pm

Jemaius wrote:
Karatheon wrote:*wall of text crits you for infinite many dice damage. You die*

Haven't you seen a standard character sheet before?

Standard is one thing, but what I am looking at is character sheet in code even on first version, I guess. Not visual version, but a wall of code. If Kara sees the same no wonder it crits... Might even oneshot eyes. :P

Glade
Master of Communication
Class: Priest

Post by Glade » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:58 pm

You might want to select "Allow HTML" from your profile to see it in all its glory.
Have Hat, Will Travel

Romn

Post by Romn » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:40 pm

Just a little bit to add. I'm drawing the line at a party of 5 people. At the moment the lineup is Gaupe, Kara, Jema, Ein and Orph. I know Orph doesn't have all the rules etc. at the moment, but It'll still be at least a week before I'm ready, maybe 2 due to my work schedule. That still gives ihm time to get hold of a player's handbook and/or the rules contained therein.

Meanwhile, I'll continue updating the lore, and I'm pleased to say my first advnture, "In Pursuit of Greatness", is nrealy ready. :)