Insignious (Green Warlock)

[Public] Apply to SeventhFlight membership, to join our raids. Applications expire in 30 days unless you post replies showing continued interest

Moderator: Recruitment Officer

Forum rules
Applications are "open letters" between SeventhFlight and the applicant. Other applicants and/or guests shouldn't dilute those topics. We prefer to ask references through in-game mail. Abuse of the posting privilege by posting in other people's application topics is a serious issue.

Application threads should be kept on-topic while the application is relevant. This is another very serious issue, and applies to members as well. Side-tracking an application topic which is still relevant is not acceptable, and people are instead urged to post in General Discussion.

Threads in this forum are removed after 30 days with no replies.
Insignious
Class: Warlock

Insignious (Green Warlock)

Post by Insignious » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:41 pm

About me
- Country of origin
I am born and raised in Denmark, going on 20 years now. I'm finishing school and then I'm out of here.
- Playstyle (RP, PvE, PvP, Lasagne)
PvE & Lasagne. To be fair, nothing beats lasagne.
- What keeps you playing World of Warcraft?
I don't quit before I'm done and this game has much more to offer than what I've explored so far.

- A lot of things I've missed to list
As mentioned above, I'm from Denmark, 20 years old, college student. I love hiking (the great outdoors), stargazing, and gaming.

Gameplay
- Times available
I am available close to every evening with the only exception occasional plans in the other world. On Sundays I'm usually available the whole day.
- When you (most often) won't be available
From 24.00-19.00 monday to friday
- Any problems with the checklist (any points which you fail). You really shouldn't have any if you're applying, but if you have any and don't post them, the application will be disregarded immediately.
No

Credentials
What's special about you? What have you done so far on Argent Dawn?
I recently 'migrated' from Frostmane where I'd been casually strolling around doing LFR and PvP for the past two expansions.
So far I've been raiding the first half of ToT on normal and been doing achievements solo.
Do you know any of our members?
Unfortunately not.
What kind of gameplay experience do you have?
Solo/duo/trio/5-man/10-man/25-man/40-man
If you have raided before, with which groups? When did you leave them? Why?
I have raided with countless guilds and I have pretty much swapped guild with every new expansion or tier simply because they fell apart due to bad management.
On a few occasions I have also left due to.. Well, how do I put this nicely.. People acting like douches and officers abusing their power choosing their favoured people over you for a raid spot reserved to you, because you don't agree with their opinions.
Do you have any max level alts?
I have a: hunter (90), druid (90), paladin (90), priest (85), shaman (85), warrior (85), hunter (81)
Are you able to understand orders and tactics being explained on Mumble in English?
Yes.
Will Tayas' constant eating while he talks on Mumble cause you personal distress?
Only if my beard ruffling into the microphone disturbs him in a severe way.

Character
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ous/simple
If you've made unusual gear choices, or have some great gear you're not wearing, please tell us about it.
I have a safari hat, chef's hat, santa's hat, pumpkin helm and a weather-beaten fishing hat.
How raid friendly do you consider your build? Would you be willing to respec and if so, are there any limits?
I respec depending on the encounter. I'm very adaptable.

If you have a raid-viable dual talent spec, please include that as well.
Before patch 5.4, affliction had higher dps with the legendary meta gem, but I am unsure of the numbers after the patch hit. If the numbers are the same, I would switch to affliction when I get the legendary meta gem.

Misc
Why SeventhFlight?
Why not? You were recruiting, I was looking. I've been guildswapping quite a few times since I came to Argent Dawn, simply because I've been filling up spots for people who didn't attend and I didn't like it. I want to be a part of a core raiding team and a part of a friendly and talkative community.
Anything else you'd like to say?
If you could bring 1 item to a crowded island, what would it be?
(Optional) What's 42?
The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.

Neithan
MoFo
Class: Paladin

Re: Insignious (Green Warlock)

Post by Neithan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:32 pm

Welcome, and thanks for your application, our recruiting officer will get to you soon (tm)

Feel free to poke for a guild invite in the meantime.
Haven't changed main for all of WoW club

Jevar
Class: Priest

Post by Jevar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:55 am

I guess I'll lose my monopoly over cloth drops if you make it into the raid group. I suppose I'll just have to count on all the good drops to drop on Tuesday, as you apparently cannot make those days! :D

See you online, at some point. I'm going hiking for the weekend! :p
The scary recruitment officer and P-I-N-T-A.

Iluin
Senate
Class: Shaman

Post by Iluin » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Welcome Insignious!

Thank you for your application. Everything looks good and we will get back to you about a trial date shortly.
In the meantime if you would like that we can already invite you to the guild.

@Jevar: He says he can't raid Mon-Friday from 24.00-19.00 I take it that means he can raid from 19.00-24.00 Mon-Friday :)
Seventh Flight - Home of the unhappy and depressed - but warm and naked - Raiders! Tis a home away from home.

Insignious
Class: Warlock

Post by Insignious » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:39 pm

@Jevar: He says he can't raid Mon-Friday from 24.00-19.00 I take it that means he can raid from 19.00-24.00 Mon-Friday :)
Exactly. It ended up sounding a bit confusing when I wrote it :)

Shaixira
Class: Hunter

Post by Shaixira » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:56 am

Yay! Summoning stones! \o/

Jevar
Class: Priest

Post by Jevar » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Damn it, I already had my hopes up... *pouts*
The scary recruitment officer and P-I-N-T-A.

Iluin
Senate

Post by Iluin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Oh Stormy! Where are thou, Mr. Recruitment Officer?

In his absence let me figure out a trial date.

You can choose between

#Tuesday the 17th which would be normal mode progress for 3 hours
#Friday the 20th which would be farming mostly for 4 hours. It's not 100% yet but we'd probably start with Flex. It's free loot and allows us to check out mechanics in a relaxed environment, followed by normal modes.

Do tell us please which date you would prefer.
Seventh Flight - Home of the unhappy and depressed - but warm and naked - Raiders! Tis a home away from home.

Jemaius
Multi-use
Class: Paladin

Post by Jemaius » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Insignious wrote:
Exactly. It ended up sounding a bit confusing when I wrote it :)
I like it. A literal interpretation of the question leading to a humorous effect. Kudos.

(Disclaimer: I have no influence on recruitment nowadays. I just haunt the forums, making abstract noises and scaring mice)
JemaiusAnoenAncalimon

Since 2005. Yikes! Let's start a "Haven't changed main for all of WoW" club!

Iluin
Senate

Post by Iluin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:53 pm

New trial date is 27.09. since you did not show up for the other ones I asked you to confirm.

Iluin
Senate

Post by Iluin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:28 pm

You still have't checked the forum and you seem to be online only once a week. If we don't hear from you BEFORE Friday consider your application denied.