Farseer (Elemental/Restoration Shaman)

[Public] Apply to SeventhFlight membership, to join our raids. Applications expire in 30 days unless you post replies showing continued interest

Moderator: Recruitment Officer

Forum rules
Applications are "open letters" between SeventhFlight and the applicant. Other applicants and/or guests shouldn't dilute those topics. We prefer to ask references through in-game mail. Abuse of the posting privilege by posting in other people's application topics is a serious issue.

Application threads should be kept on-topic while the application is relevant. This is another very serious issue, and applies to members as well. Side-tracking an application topic which is still relevant is not acceptable, and people are instead urged to post in General Discussion.

Threads in this forum are removed after 30 days with no replies.
Farseer
Class: Shaman

Farseer (Elemental/Restoration Shaman)

Post by Farseer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:22 am

About me

Hi! I'm Duncan, a 26-year-old originally from England, but now living and working in Brussels, Belgium.

I've been playing WoW with few interruptions since 2005, and during that time I've had phases of very casual play, and phases of more intense raiding/PVP. I dabble in most of what WoW has to offer, including a bit of PVE, RP, and PVP, but I especially enjoy raiding. The puzzle-like challenge of working out how to manage all of the mechanics in an encounter, playing your role within that as well as you can, and eventually beating the boss by executing it all as smoothly as possible is highly addictive, and keeps me coming back after all these years.

However, these days I don't have time to commit to a hardcore daily schedule for realm first Mythic kills and the like, and I'm looking for a friendly and mature guild where I can play as part of a team taking on the new content at a sensible pace a few times per week. From reading your forum and chatting to some of your members in-game it sounds like you're exactly the kind of community I'm looking for.

Gameplay

I'm available most weekday and weekend evenings, apart from the occasional 1-2 week periods when I have to travel for work. Obviously there are some days when I'm abroad, have visitors, and so on, but most Friday, Sunday, and Tuesday evenings I am completely free from around 19:00 server time onwards.

Credentials

I'm not sure there's anything very impressive I can say here, so I'll just give you a brief history of my time in WoW, and hopefully that will give you a sense of whether I'm the kind of player you're looking for.

In 2005 I rolled a troll shaman on Argent Dawn, and soon after that I transferred to the newly-opened Steamwheedle Cartel because of the huge queues affecting AD back then at the times I used to play. On SWC I was part of the horde's best raid team, which was fairly unimpressive compared to other servers, but we did get the server first Ragnaros, Nefarian, and C'Thun kills (we didn't get anywhere in Naxx).

For TBC I switched to a gnome warlock alt and cleared Kara, Gruul, Magtheridon, SSC, and TK, but stopped playing by the time non-hardcore guilds were doing Hyjal/BT/Sunwell.

In WotLK in mid-2009 I returned to my troll shaman, but no longer knew anyone horde-side and the server was dying, so I transferred back to Argent Dawn, and decided to faction transfer to alliance, because there were a lot more raid guilds recruiting shamans at that time. I almost cleared Ulduar (we failed to kill Yoggy while he was current content) and TotC on heroic, but I played a lot less during ICC, and sadly never killed Arthas until after Cata had launched.

All through Cata, MoP, and WoD so far I have played fairly casually, pugging 'flex'/normal/heroic raids when I have time. Recently I've realised that I'd like to join a proper and friendly raid guild, rather than spend ages dealing with the drama and/or snobbery that accompanies PuGs.

I am very happy to use voice comm software, although I generally don't speak a huge amount, as our flat is quite small and I don't like to disturb my wife and neighbours too much in the evenings. But obviously I'm happy to call out about raid-related things when necessary.

Character

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Farseer/

My current ilevel is around 690 in both elemental and restoration gear. I'm happy to play either spec as needed by the raid on a given night, as long as I get a bit of advanced warning so I can check specific DPS or healing strategies for the bosses we'll be taking on that night. Given the choice I'd rather play elemental on most fights, but I'm honestly open to either.

Misc

I had a friendly chat with Iluin this morning, and got a very positive impression of the guild. Your forum posts seem to display a nice balance of common sense and insanity!

And 42 is of course the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything (according to the His Holiness Douglas Adams...)

Iluin
Senate

Re: Farseer (Elemental/Restoration Shaman)

Post by Iluin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks alot for your application and welcome to the forum!

Our recruitment officier will be along shortly to give you the official welcome.

In the meatime I can offer yo ua guild invite if you want.
Seventh Flight - Home of the unhappy and depressed - but warm and naked - Raiders! Tis a home away from home.

Jevar
Class: Priest

Post by Jevar » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:37 pm

Hello and welcome!

I will try to keep this short as phone typing honestly sucks.

Are you available for a trial next Friday? I think its 3rd but... yes. Invites start at 19:40. :)
The scary recruitment officer and P-I-N-T-A.

Farseer

Post by Farseer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:10 pm

Yes I'm available on Friday from 19.40 if not earlier, and yes it's the 3rd. Looking forward to it :)