Ortaeus (Paladin)

[Public] Apply to SeventhFlight membership, to join our raids. Applications expire in 30 days unless you post replies showing continued interest

Moderator: Recruitment Officer

Forum rules
Applications are "open letters" between SeventhFlight and the applicant. Other applicants and/or guests shouldn't dilute those topics. We prefer to ask references through in-game mail. Abuse of the posting privilege by posting in other people's application topics is a serious issue.

Application threads should be kept on-topic while the application is relevant. This is another very serious issue, and applies to members as well. Side-tracking an application topic which is still relevant is not acceptable, and people are instead urged to post in General Discussion.

Threads in this forum are removed after 30 days with no replies.
Ortaeus
Class: Paladin

Ortaeus (Paladin)

Post by Ortaeus » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Hey all,

Hereby an application for a social guildy.

About me
My name is SaiBork and I live in the UK nowadays. Originally I'm from the Netherlands, but I moved to the UK to be able to live with my girlfriend which I met via WoW.

I have been playing WoW since the US betas, but had quite the break after Cataclysm was released as that really wasn't my thing. Also living with my girlfriend by now, there was less of a need to play WoW together. I have all the CE releases and have played each expansion at its own time. Now with the Legion release I'm liking it again properly, so looks like I might be wasting quite some time on this again.

I mainly play PvE, but used to do some basic RP here and there. Nowadays it really is PvE only, but used to prefer the RP realms as there was less annoying people on it and most players kept slightly in character and weren't spamming too much in the chats. Too bad this now is over with the global LFG channel.

I have too many characters as I always have alts for different classes and the always lasting struggle between horde and alliance. Almost all my characters are on other servers though, but as I have friends on Argent Dawn that are part of this guild I created a couple here now as well. Originally I had some characters here, but moved them away via free transfers a long time ago.

Gameplay
I would like to join mainly as a social guildy, but of course would also love to go along to raids sometimes.

Most of the days of the week I would be able to free up some time in the evenings, but generally wont be available too late. So for me it would be best if raids wouldn't go on beyond 10:30 (UK time). Apart from that I'm available most evenings.

Credentials
As I mentioned above, I have had characters on AD previously, but transferred these. Most of these never really got anywhere special though.

The main reason for wanting to join Seventh Flight as I have some friends that are already a part of the guild. Just to name one, Adarae.

I have done some raiding before with other characters in previous expansions like WotLK and WoD, but this was never with this character. Most of those were done via LFR as well, so generally not really any pre-guild credentials here. Because of my multiple characters I do have experience tanking, healing and dps with multiple classes, so I do know how everybody plays and I wont just randomly jump into places and start blaming the tank or healer, at least not on purpose. ;)

As I'm busy trying to improve this character as my current main, my other characters are not yet at 110, but I do have several at or just over 100. On AD this is only a single one, which is a Demon Hunter at 103. Once my main gets better gear I'll probably get the Demon Hunter higher as well.

Are you able to understand orders and tactics being explained on Mumble in English?
Should be fine as I live in the UK now English is my main language for the last 6 years.
Will Tayas' constant eating while he talks on Mumble cause you personal distress?
Probably, but I'll just have to go on mute and rant about it really loudly ;)

Character
Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... eus/simple

Currently my gear isn't really up to scratch yet, hence for now I would like to join as a social member. Once my gear is better we'll see whether I can come along to some raid runs.

I play as Retri spec, and haven't upped my gear for the other specs yet. I have set up my talents for the other specs and I do have the other Artifact weapons available. So once my main build is better I'll be able to improve those specs as well.

Misc
Why SeventhFlight?
I already have some friends in the guild and they say you're a great guild for social and casual raiding options.

Anything else you'd like to say?
Probably, but that's what guild chat is for! Need to keep something to myself :)

What's 42?

Iluin
Senate
Class: Shaman

Re: Ortaeus (Paladin)

Post by Iluin » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:29 am

Thanks for your application!

Seeing as you are asking for social status and not primarily raids there is not much else to do or talk about.
You are more than welcome to join us for farm raids and stuff once we start raiding.

Welcome to the guild :D

Just poke someone for an invite. Most members should be able to help you out.
Seventh Flight - Home of the unhappy and depressed - but warm and naked - Raiders! Tis a home away from home.

Ortaeus
Class: Paladin

Re: Ortaeus (Paladin)

Post by Ortaeus » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:32 pm

Thanks, all sorted :)