Looting System

[Public, read only] Here's all the info you need on raiding with us, from the mods to download to an explaination of the looting system.

Moderator: Raidleads

Jemaius
Multi-use
Class: Paladin

Looting System

Post by Jemaius » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:23 pm

So, you joined the Flight, you are eager to raid, the bosses are willingly killing themselves to provide loots for you, but you got no idea how to get your share of the cake ?

Then this guide is the right place for you to learn some about our loot system!

Q: Allright, what kind of loot system are you guys using ?
A: Basically we use a 2-lists-based Suicide Kings system (in short SK ) that got modified with attendance based points.

Q: 2-lists-based-wha ???? You lost me there
A: Aight, the loot system is based on two principles: A Suicide Kings list and a point system that reflects your attendance.

Q: So, how does this Suicide Kings works ?
A: Its very simple:
First of all a list with all names of the people in the raid community gets generated, this shows in which order people are eligible for loot.
As soon as loot drops, the highest one on the list gets asked if he wants it,
if yes, he gets the item and his name goes back to the bottom of the list (= "suicides" hence the name) , whilst all below him move up one place on the list.
if no, the next one in the list will get asked ...... and so on till someone takes the item or it gets dissenchanted.
(mind: During loot distribution, you wont get asked if you want to loot but rather everyone that wants an item says "--me" in the raid channel once called for it, simply to save time)

Example:

Loot drops and the SK list is:

1.) Jemaius
2.) Dateifi
3.) Wobe
4.) Raforogath
5.) Nîniel
6.) Gaupe
7.) Geros

Should Jemaius decides to take the loot, the new list will look as following:

1.) Dateifi
2.) Wobe
3.) Raforogath
4.) Nîniel
5.) Gaupe
6.) Geros
7.) Jemaius

Q: You said something about 2 lists ?
A: To divide the loot further, 2 lists are active for every Tier of loot:
Class and
Cross-Class loot
As soon as something got "Class: X,Y" written on it, its class loot and gets handled on that 2nd list.

Q: Aight, didnt get into that raid, do i loose my spot in the loot lists now when stuff gets looted ?
A: No, SK does not penalize you, should you not attend. Whilst not attending, you are frozen in your spot, so you cant descend on the list, BUT if someone above you suicides people below you can "jump" over you

Example: We got the same raid as above, but this time Wobe is not attending. Now some epic drops and again, Jemaius decides to loot it.

Before looting:
1.) Jemaius
2.) Dateifi
3.) Wobe (--> offline)
4.) Raforogath
5.) Nîniel
6.) Gaupe
7.) Geros

After looting:

1.) Dateifi
2.) Raforogath
3.) Wobe (--> offline)
4.) Nîniel
5.) Gaupe
6.) Geros
7.) Jemaius

So Wobe kept his 3rd place in the loot list but nevertheless Raforogath "jumped" above him.

Q: So, when i loot something, do i loose my place on both lists ?
A: No. Ofcourse you only "suicide" on the appropriate list, so class suicide for class loot and cross-class suicide for cross-class loot.

Q: You mentioned that those 2 lists are generated for "every Tier of loot". What does that mean ?
A: For every Tier/ Item set those two lists are generated as soon as we start the instances that hold that kind of loot (e.g. Karazhan / Gruuls Lair = Tier 4, Serpent Shrine Cavern / The Eye = Tier 5, Black Temple = Tier 6 )
so if more different instances are farmed at one point, there may also be more than the usual 2 lists to take into consideration.

Q: Allright, i think i got the hang of Suicide Kings, now, what was that about some points ?
A: The points (sometimes refferred to as SKP ) were introduced to reward people for their attendance, especially on raids without loot (= learning boss encounters) and as an another tiebreaker.

Q: So how do they work ?
A: For every 10 minutes you are in raid, you'll earn 1 point. Additionally you earn points for being on time and in the instance at the planned raidstart at 20.00 and for ending the raid aswell.
Every item costs a certain amount of points. Now when an item drops, the following scenarios are possible:

1.) Everyone has enough points to afford the item:
In this case, looting gets handled following the SK rules and the points get deducted.

Example: Once more Jemaius wants the item it, as he got enough points, the 150 simply get deducted and he suicides to the end of the list.

Before looting:
1.) Jemaius 200
2.) Dateifi 180
3.) Wobe 190
4.) Raforogath 201
5.) Nîniel 220
6.) Gaupe 195
7.) Geros 175

After looting:
1.) Dateifi 180
2.) Wobe 190
3.) Raforogath 201
4.) Nîniel 220
5.) Gaupe 195
6.) Geros 175
7.) Jemaius 50

2.) Not everyone got enough points to afford the item:
In this case, an "Eligibility List" gets created. The List ranks the people that got enough points in the order they are on the SK List first, following by the rest of the players sorted by the amount of points they have.
Sounds confusing but you'll see at the example that its rather easy to understand.

Example: An Item drops (item costs: 150 points again) , everyone on the list below wants it, but due to not everyone having enough points, the lists get formed into an eligibility list as found below.

Before Looting:
1.) Jemaius 50
2.) Dateifi 80
3.) Wobe 190
4.) Raforogath 201
5.) Nîniel 220
6.) Gaupe 95
7.) Geros 175

Eligibility List created from it:
1.) Wobe 190
2.) Raforogath 201
3.) Nîniel 220
4.) Geros 175
5.) Gaupe 95
6.) Dateifi 80
7.) Jemaius 50

As you can see, Wobe, even though only number 3 on the SK list, is the first one who is eligible to loot the item due to having enough points. Furthermore you can also see that even though Jemaius is ranked number 1 on the SK - List, he is last on the eligibility list due to having least points.
Please note that this list is just created temporary to see who will get the loot. After it got decided who gets the loot (in our case Wobe) the SK lists go back to normal and would look like this:

After Looting:
1.) Jemaius 50
2.) Dateifi 80
3.) Raforogath 201
4.) Nîniel 220
5.) Gaupe 95
6.) Geros 175
7.) Wobe 40

3.) Noone has enough points to afford the item
In this case once more an Eligibility List gets created, ranking all players by the amount of points they have.

Example: Item cost 150, everyone wants it, noone got enough points

Before Looting:
1.) Jemaius 50
2.) Dateifi 80
3.) Wobe 90
4.) Raforogath 101
5.) Nîniel 120
6.) Gaupe 95
7.) Geros 75

Eligibility List created from it:
1.) Nîniel 120
2.) Raforogath 101
3.) Gaupe 95
4.) Wobe 90
5.) Dateifi 80
6.) Geros 75
7.) Jemaius 50

As you can see in this case, Nîniel even though only ranked # 5 in the SK list is, is the first one eligible to loot the item due to her having most points.
Please note that this list is just created temporary to see who will get the loot. After it got decided who gets the loot (in our case Nîniel ) the SK lists go back to normal and would look like this:

After looting:
1.) Jemaius 50
2.) Dateifi 80
3.) Wobe 90
4.) Raforogath 101
5.) Gaupe 95
6.) Geros 75
7.) Nîniel 0

Q: Aight, i want an item even though i dont have enough points, will i go into negative SKP ?
A: No. There is no such thing as negative SKP, in this case you only pay all the points you have, resulting in you being reduced to 0 points.

Q: Aight, i got 0 points, do i now have to look at all the shiny epics getting sharded ?
A: No. Even if you got 0 points, you still can loot stuff. (Admittedly, only the stuff noone else wants, but still) Its better to have gear on our members than having it turned to Void Crystals

Q: So, where do i see the prices of the items ? Do they change ever ? Shall i ask my raidlead everytime bout the prices ?
A: You should always find the current item pricing here: http://seventhflight.com/forum/viewtopi ... =20&t=2830
Furthermore, yes, the prices change. The item costs are ruled by the availability of the items. An item from an instance we can only kill one boss with lots of luck is much more expensive then an item from an instance we farm every week.
And please dont ask your raidlead every week about the item pricing, but look it up for yourself.

Q: How are non-weapon/non-armor items handled (e.g. Recipes, etc.) ?
A: For crafter recipes there are similar SK lists for each profession which take care of the distribution of those.
Non-Crafter specific items (e.g. Nether Vortex) are paid with points only without any suicide occuring.

Q: Can i loot an recipe, even if i cant learn it right away, due to my skill not being high enough ?
A: No. Only people with the required skill are eligible to loot an item, simply to not "waste" the loot.

Q: What do i have to do if i really want an item as soon as it drops for the first time ? Whom do i have to bribe ?
A: There is an exception to the loot list that is especially for this situation: First Priority
To invoke First Priority, post the name of the item here: http://seventhflight.com/forum/viewtopi ... =20&t=2313

Q: Who does this First Priority then work ?
A: Once First Priority gets called for on an item, this item gets his point costs set to Infinite. Which means, if you want to loot this item, you pay ALL the points you have and you suicide down the appropriate list.
But, there are even some more catches:

+) To be able to invoke First Priority, you have to have at least as much points as the item current costs.
+) Should your points fall underneath the items point costs your Invokation gets nullified.
+) At any given point you can only invoke First Priority on ONE item only, BUT more than one member can call for First Priority on the same item. In that case, the point costs will remain at infinite until everyone of those members got the item.
+) Once you invoke First Prio, you commit yourself to looting the item as soon as it drops.
+) You cant withdraw First Priority.

Furthermore, please note, calling for First Priority will not guarantee you getting the item for sure once it drops. As its point costs gets set to infinite, the eligibility list will order the people according to their current points. So someone with more points can loot the item (for ALL points) even though it was you that called for First Priority.

As you see, there are quite some rules attached to this exception, so think twice before you invoke First Prio.