Ploggerino - Shadow Preist

[Public] Apply to SeventhFlight membership, to join our raids. Applications expire in 30 days unless you post replies showing continued interest

Moderator: Recruitment Officer

Forum rules
Applications are "open letters" between SeventhFlight and the applicant. Other applicants and/or guests shouldn't dilute those topics. We prefer to ask references through in-game mail. Abuse of the posting privilege by posting in other people's application topics is a serious issue.

Application threads should be kept on-topic while the application is relevant. This is another very serious issue, and applies to members as well. Side-tracking an application topic which is still relevant is not acceptable, and people are instead urged to post in General Discussion.

Threads in this forum are removed after 30 days with no replies.
Ploggerrino
Class: Priest

Ploggerino - Shadow Preist

Post by Ploggerrino » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:25 pm

Hello!
So I'm a guy, a shadow priest on AD who has tried to get my previous guild into raiding but failed and left them to what they prefer, for the past month I have been looking for a raiding guild, but those which I have looked for have been either inactive, disbanded days after I joined or deeming me "not good enough" or "A filthy casual". (here it comes) The reason for this is because I fall into the very small group which consists of those who have WoW very recently but want to raid seriously. I say this now as it explains why I only have two max level characters and have stuck with my shadow priest throughout my time playing WoW. I much prefer DPS but I can still heal (often my numbers are below average due to me knowing Shadow priest 50 times better than holy but nonetheless I can heal where necessary. I mostly PvE but I do enjoy PvP form time to time and if I'm feeling oddly mad... RP sometimes usually only with my mates.

IRL I'm 17, I know probably a bit younger than you're used to but I'm confident that I am far more mature than other people my age I assure you that I'll surprise you. I study Computer systems at college part time and am currently job hunting, a positive of this, however, is that I am almost always available most days and every single night unless I state otherwise, I form the UK and still live in the Midlands. I often cook for my family and me but due to my Aspergers and autistic tendencies my best friend in my family is my dog poppy but this also means that I look at things from a logical perspective, I also sometimes have difficulty explaining things but I get it right on the second or third time :D (plz i promise I'm not 100% useless). As for why I play WoW, I was introduced to it by one of my best mates at college and haven't looked back since I was spurred on by my cousin and here I am wanting to play the game to its fullest. Although I don't only play WoW I often play LoL and any kind of single-player game that may or take my interest. I am patient and never get offended (not a joke I just don't see the point in it) and I am accepting of any criticisms anyone may give me.

As for my time in WoW, I have mostly spent my time trying to raid in pub groups but to fail every single time I try to get curve. I have also spent some time in an RP guild known as the Knights of the Rose or known to me as the worst guild I've ever seen. I have a max level DK alt at 910 And play him fairly often I can easily understand any explanation given to me but I have difficulty explaining things myself, I don't know any members of the guild and as long as they don't deafen me with it I'm fine with eating, even endlessly so :D :B. I can easily respec if needed and I can build for extra damage but I usually build for survive-ability and I can heal if I need to but I don't heal as often as I dps and as such I don't do as well.

As for why I chose this place to sign up, well you lot do look fun and friendly and at the end of the day those two things are most important to me in a raid guild, aside from that I do hope to raid properly and after seeing that this guild is quite successful, well it drew me in quickly to say the least. As for 42... the only Thing that beckons back to me would be the answer to life the universe and everything.

Here is my armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... errino/pve
I thank you for reading and considering my application! :D

Remirra
Senate
Class: Hunter

Re: Ploggerino - Shadow Preist

Post by Remirra » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Hail ... em .. praise the sun and all that ... (That's the way priests greet... right ... right ?)
Thanks for your application, so nice to see that you actually succeeded in finding our forums!
I'll poke our RL to check out your app.

P.s. Fellow knight of the roser here... but hey... I was in it like 6 years ago at this point... so can't speak for current situation, but it had its ups as well!
I know my rotation perfectly. ->Steady shot, Chimaera shot, Aimed shot, Ice trap and Garrison Hearthstone.
I'm Remirra Shadowgale. Queen of cheerleaders of Ashenvale.
The night is long and full of demons.
Roses have burned, worlds have been riven. I've sacrificed everything.What have you given ?

Iluin
Senate
Class: Shaman

Post by Iluin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi Ploggerino!

Welcome to our forum!

First of all I need you to be aware that there will be a rather large age difference. While we do have some youngsters in their 20s most of us are in their 30s.
So you will have to expect a lot of "Those kids don't know how good they have it these days. When we were young we had to walk 5 miles uphill to school. In the snow. Both ways. Without WiFi!"

As for you being more mature than other people your age. That could be detrimental. We are all extremely childish and immature. It's a bit like raiding with 13 year olds. I guess that's what you get if you still play video games in your 30s :D

As for the seriousness of our raiding, well, we've been doing it since Vanilla. We always cleared Heroic, sometimes Mythic but mostly raid nights are there for people to hang out with each other and let off steam. We kill bosses while joking around two or three nights a week.

If that is what you would like then by all means give us a try. Join our Discord and we'll throw you a guild invite and you can trial us on Friday evening. Invites start around 18.45 UK time / 19.45 server time

If you enjoy your evening with us - Awesome! If you don't no harm done.

Regards,
Iluin

PS: Oh yeah, forgot. Her is the Discord link https://discord.gg/Sn5qF2
Seventh Flight - Home of the unhappy and depressed - but warm and naked - Raiders! Tis a home away from home.

Ploggerrino

Post by Ploggerrino » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 pm

Sorry for not mentioning this is the application but I had accidentally found your discord server two times before and had hightailed it out of there after coming to conclusion that this is the only way to apply (correct me if I am wrong) also I should stress that I am pretty immature at most times, I only wanted to let whoever read that I can be mature when needed. I am a little autistic so that's probably a byproduct of that. as for a question, Should I join the server on Friday or not and is there any rules I'll need to know about, (No racial slurs no cursing that sorta stuff)

Iluin
Senate

Post by Iluin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Right ... you mentioned No racial slurs no cursing .. and i was like ... Racial slurs??? Of course not .. then I thought back to the last raids and our traditional mexican joke tirades .. and I'll have to clarify ... unless you start the evening with the N word and hop right over to the jews you will be fine :D .. as for no cursing. If you are able to curse like a drunk Glaswegian at 4 in the morning you will definitly contribute to the evenings entertainment!

And feel free to join the server right away. https://discord.gg/Sn5qF2 In case the previous link ran out
Seventh Flight - Home of the unhappy and depressed - but warm and naked - Raiders! Tis a home away from home.

Ploggerrino

Post by Ploggerrino » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:39 pm

That is the same link so I'm afraid I can't join the server quite yet. : ^)

Iluin
Senate

Post by Iluin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:43 pm

https://discord.gg/9xZ6yq

Also pretty much all guild members should be able to toss you a guild invite. Just see who is online.

Remirra
Senate
Class: Hunter

Post by Remirra » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:00 pm

I know my rotation perfectly. ->Steady shot, Chimaera shot, Aimed shot, Ice trap and Garrison Hearthstone.
I'm Remirra Shadowgale. Queen of cheerleaders of Ashenvale.
The night is long and full of demons.
Roses have burned, worlds have been riven. I've sacrificed everything.What have you given ?